Friday, July 2, 2010

It Started Bad Then Became A Good Ride

Sometimes the best motorcycle rides are the ones unplanned. I had a meeting on Thursday that I didn't want but had to go through with. After the meeting my heart in my shoes and guts in a knot I decided I would go to a BBQ I was invited to.

I didn't want to because of my own mood, but realized I needed to be around happy people. I phoned my friend for directions, hopped on my bike and proceeded to get very lost looking for the park that they were in.

Even though my bike ride didn't take me outside of Calgary's city limits, I had a beautiful ride along the river in a 20 km/hr zone. The park road literally followed each bend of the river, and as my ride continued, the sun came out from behind the clouds and it lifted the gloom from me.

After an hour of riding I finally phoned to find out how to get to the BBQ, enjoyed a fantastic meal, had a pop or two, and visited with a friend I haven't seen in 6 years.

Sometimes, the best rides are the ones you don't expect to have. If I would have made the correct turn I would have been off the bike in ten minutes, but instead I found a fantastic and scenic ride within a city park. It lifted my spirits and reminded me why I missed my motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment